About 90 percent of absorbed alcohol is metabolized through oxidation in liver, the remaining 10 percent is excreted unchanged by the kidneys and lungs. The rate of oxidation by the liver is constant and independent of the body’s energy requirements. The body can metabolize about 10 to 34 mg/dL  per hour. In person with history of excessive alchohol consumption, up regulation of the necessary enzymes results in rapid alcohol metabolism. Alcohol is metabolized by two enzymes: alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) and aldehyde dehydrogenase, ADH catalyzes the conversion of alcohol into acetaldehyde, which is toxic compound; aldehyde dehydrogenase catalyzes the conversion of acetaldehyde into acetic acid. Some studies have shown that women have a lower ADH blood content than men; this fact may account women’s tendency to become more intoxicated than men after drinking the same amount of alcohol. The decreased function of alcohol_metabolizing enzymes in some Asian persons can also lead to easy intoxication. This cause the accumulation of Acetaldehyde leading to Alcoholism.